About Berntson Brands
Welcome to Berntson Brands, a wine and liquor trading company based on tradition and knowledge. The company was founded 1953 by the wine enthusiast Bror-Eric ”Brickan” Berntson. Today the company is still privately owned by the Berntson family and now represented by the third generation.
We have an exceptional track record building brands in the Swedish market for almost 70 years. See timeline below:
- 1950´s- Martini & Rossi
- 1960´s Jameson Whiskey
- 1970´s Jägermeister, Bols, Champagne Pommery, DAB
- 1980´s, Bells Whisky, Freixenet, Andre Lurton, M. Chapoutier
- 1990´s, Berntson/Bibendum founded; Veuve Clicquot, Ponsardin, Distell, Faustino, Bacardi, William Grant, Pilsner Urquell, Churschill´s Hils, Tullamore Dew, Hendricks, Bouchards Pere & Fills, Planeta, Hardy´s Wines.
- 2000´s- Molinari, Limoncello Di Capri, Bushmills, Jose Cuervo, Kraken, Inver House Distillers.
- 2010’s Flor de Cana, Amaro Montenegro, Tito´s, Torabhaig, Olvi Group, Domaine Tariquet, Vincente Gandia, Basilisco.
Pride, commitment and quality
Our mission is to always give both private consumers and restaurant customers the finest assortment. Therefore, we are proud to offer a wide and affordable range of wines and spirits from carefully selected vineyards and recognized spirits distilleries around the world. Quality for us is when we can provide you with an experience you enjoy and want to share with your friends and colleagues.
Systembolaget and the retail monopoly
As a wine and liquor trading company in Sweden our main customer is the Swedish retail monopoly for alcoholic beverages, Systembolaget. Systembolaget has 430 shops all over Sweden and is one of the largest purchaser of beer, wine, spirits and alcohol-free products in the world.
This channel is very important to us. It is a great marketing window and we work closely with our customers in order to create value. We have good cooperation with the wholesalers in Sweden who working as our extended sales force. We cover the whole country with our sales force and we have two offices in Sweden, Stockholm and Malmö.
Be more than just a supplier – be a part of us
As a supplier you are involved in building Berntson. It is an ongoing work based on our common experience and knowledge, and with great respect for the craft tradition of the industry. Add curiosity, innovation and endurance to our quest to find the undiscovered needs of tomorrow’s customer.
We are always looking for new genuine flavors and are looking for new collaborations with exciting partners.
Our goal is to stay ahead as an outstanding wine and liquor trading company.
Do you want to be a part of the journey?
Welcome to contact us!